Remote Restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by c4702, Dec 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c4702

c4702 Registered Member

Is it possible to RESTORE a partition from the Acronis Secure Zone remotely (I.e. Not actually sitting in front of the machine). I notice when you want to restore the boot partition, you have to reboot so that Acronis has complete access to the hard drive. I would like to write a script or something and have it run on reboot that would Restore the Drive, and reboot back into windows once complete.

I don't think this functionality currently exists... Please Help??

2. A|ex

A|ex Registered Member

I always thought remote restore automatically restarts the machine for you? it pretty much defeats the purpose of having a remote restore which doesnt restart?

3. c4702

c4702 Registered Member

Reallyo_O So where do I find this "Remote Restore" o_O Cause when I connect to the computer remotely, and try to restore I end up having to physically go to the computer and restore it from the Acronis OS (that boots before windows boots up)

Any REAL / USABLE advice here? I need to be able to do a HOT restore with NO user intervention over the wire (remotely)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.