Remote installation slow and unreliable

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by JaapHoetmer, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaapHoetmer

JaapHoetmer Registered Member

Hello all,

I am new to the ESET Remote Admin tools, and I am having some problems that need some help.

I noticed that the Windows push installation towards XP desktops can take a very long time to complete. About 30 minutes on a local LAN connection! And then it sometimes succeeds and sometimes fails. This is very frustrating, all the more because it takes such a long time before I get to see any results.

Even running diagnostics can take ages!

I have verified the prerequisites (firewall off, sharing enabled, rpc enabled, ipc$ etc), and it just isn't quick at all.

What can I do to check why it takes so long to install, and why the installation sometimes fails?

Thanks for your help!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does it take that long to push installation on one computer or more computers? Push installation is performed in batches so if you're installing on hundreds of computers it will take some time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.