Remote Installation Failed

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hansa, May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hansa

hansa Registered Member

Fatal error during installation. (0xFFF0)
    code = FFFFFFFF80070643
    Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB816

I get this when trying to push an installation to a Win 2000 computer from a Win XP SP2 computer.

Everything starts fine but will not finish installation. Error results.

I need a clue as to where to start looking.

Using build TIW 9.1 3595 (spec version)

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. hansa

hansa Registered Member

More Info. The problem is related to the remote computer waiting for an acknowledgement (see below). Since I am doing this remotely, I cannot see that message. At my end it looks like something has hung, so I abort the whole job. This leaves the remote computer in an odd state that causes the error above (see previous message).

To get the installation to work again at all, I had to clean up some leftover stuff from the remote computer. This is what caused the original error message. After that, restarting the installation and going to the computer to answer the dialog box, the installation finished normally.

The question now is, how do I do a remote installation with this complaint from Windows that wants an answer? (other than having to go to that computer to answer it.)

Attached Files:

3. RockyCore

RockyCore Registered Member

This may help ya, copied from : http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=269651

Essentially disabling the win2k box from checking for digital signatures.
    ========================================================
    WORKAROUND
    To work around this problem (and prevent the driver signing dialogs from displaying), temporarily set the following policies to "silently succeed" during the service pack or update installation: • Unsigned driver installation behavior
    • Unsigned non-driver installation behavior
    To change the system policy: 1. Click Start, click Run, type mmc in the Open box, and then click OK.
    2. On the Console menu, click Add/Remove Snap-in.
    3. Click Add, click Group Policy in the list of available stand alone snap-ins, and then click Add.
    4. Click Finish, click Close, and then click OK.
    5. Double-click the following items to expand them: • Console Root
    • Local Computer Policy
    • Computer Configuration
    • Windows Settings
    • Security Settings
    • Local Policies
    • Security Options

6. On the right side of the console are the following two policies, and these can be changed as needed by a member of the administrator's security group on that computer: • Unsigned driver installation behavior
    • Unsigned non-driver installation behavior
    Note the values of these settings if you want to restore them after you install the service pack or driver package.
    7. After the service pack or driver package installation is complete, restore the driver signing and non-driver signing policies to their previous settings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.