Remote install

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by oversky, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oversky

oversky Registered Member

My mom's computer is equipped with KIS6.0 now. As the computer often crashes during skype, I am planning to replace KIS with LnS. The problem is, I can only remotely control my mom's computer. I may lost control after installing LnS as the port is blocked. Is it possible to install LnS with user defined rule set?

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi oversky,

At the end of the installation, before rebooting the computer (there is a prompt), what you could do is simply replacing the StandardRuleset.rls file (in Look 'n' Stop installation folder) with the one you want to use.

Otherwise there is a way yo automate the installation, see the following thread:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=28126

But this is more complex, as you have to create a .reg file from an already installed Look 'n' Stop, and you have to copy on the remote computer the ruleset from this already installed computer and using exactly the same full path (which could be not possible).

Regards,

Frederic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.