Remote install without -any- prompts

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by tiuk, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tiuk

tiuk Registered Member

Hello all,

I am getting ready to deploy ESET Smart Security to my domain and have run into a snag. When I do a remote install a dialog opens on the client system prompting the user to choose a network profile or something of that nature. This is not something that should be asked of the user, if I deploy like this I'm going to be overloaded with calls asking how to proceed. Is there any way to provide a default choice for this so the install can proceed silently? I've looked through the policy and such but haven't been able to find an option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

[edit]It's the choice between "strict protection" and "allow sharing" under the "trusted zone" setup.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  2. tiuk

tiuk Registered Member

A google search led me to this document which I had missed before, very helpful:
    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2233

This took care of my trusted zone issue. The only thing that remains is the fact that pushing the install causes a brief network interruption for the system, despite following the guide. The only setting I did differently was selecting learning mode rather than automatic with exceptions. Is this the cause?

Thanks

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

When installing any NDIS driver, network communication must be interrupted for a moment. This is how Windows work, it's not something related specifically to ESET.

4. tiuk

tiuk Registered Member

That makes sense, just wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong.

Thanks for your help.

5. clyde123

clyde123 Registered Member

Thanks for this thread, it answers a similar question I had.

6. tiuk

tiuk Registered Member

Glad to hear it helped :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.