Remote Install Errors (2 Systems)

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by GSteer, Nov 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GSteer

GSteer Registered Member

Hi there,

I'm having continuing problems with two of my systems after installed NOD32 EE a month or so ago (clients systems taking precedence unfortunately).

Windows Server 2003 with NOD32 EE + RA Server (1.0.11)
    Controlling it from my workstation with RA Console (1.0.11)

When attempting to push it to one of our workstations (XP SP2) that is on the same domain I am getting the follow error:

"Could not install NOD32 Installer onto target computer (SC error code 11, GLE error code 1726)"

When attempting to push it to another workstation, this one not part of the works domain (this system running XP SP1) I get the following error:

NOD32 Installer could not connect to server "KCSVPN:2224". (WGLE error code 0)

If anyone could shed any light on these it would be appreciated!

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    The consistant causes I've found....

*Permissions...usually easily controlled if on a domain, but on a peer to peer/workgroup environment, local admin user/pass needs to be correct. More room for error here on a peer to peer

*Software firewalls, such as the one in WinXP. Sometimes it can get screwy, due to various factors, requiring resetting it a second time, perhaps a reboot. You can normally leave it enabled, just as long as you have an exception for file and print sharing (need access to C$ with Admin privvies)

*Sometimes a previously used machine may have had some malware in the past that screws with the TCP stack/Winsock. This has fixed many issues for me related to the winsock...
    http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/WinSock_XP_Fix/winsockxpfix.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.