Remote Desktop printing problem

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by lmeyer, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lmeyer

lmeyer Registered Member

Hello,
    I installed NOD32 on my Windows 2008 R2 Server acting as a Remote Desktop Server (Terminal Server).
    Before installing I could print with no problem using using "Remote Desktop Easy Print".
    After the installation on the client pops up an error about "Windows Presentation Foundation Terminal Server Print W encountered an error and needs to close", the print job is still printed.
    I tried several settings. The only one letting me print without error is to disable completely real-time protection.
    Even the setting as on the attached screenshot does not let me print without error!
    Is there something I can do about this?

Attached Files:

2. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

3. RyanH

RyanH Eset Staff Account

Similar to what Rockshox was mentioning, please try the following changes to Web Access Protection module:

1. Open the main program window by clicking the ESET icon next to the system clock or by clicking 'Start' -> 'All Programs' -> 'ESET' -> 'ESET Smart Security' or 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus'.

2. Press the F5 key to display the Advanced Setup window.

3. From the Advanced Setup tree, click 'Antivirus and antispyware' -> 'Protocol Filtering'.

For ESET Smart Security users, click 'Personal Firewall' -> 'Protocol Filtering'.

4. Select the 'Applications marked as Internet browsers or e-mail clients' option.

5. From the Advanced Setup tree, click 'Antivirus and antispyware' -> 'Web access protection' -> 'HTTP' -> 'Web browsers' and make sure that only the applications you want scanned with the Internet filter are selected. Typically only real web browsers (iexplorer.exe, firefox.exe, etc.) will need to be selected. Repeat this step for email clients (outlook.exe, thunderbird.exe, etc.) by clicking 'POP3' -> 'Email Clients'.

6. Click 'OK' to save your changes and then restart your computer.

4. lmeyer

lmeyer Registered Member

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.