Remote Administrator Alert Log

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by CrunchieBite, Oct 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrunchieBite

CrunchieBite Guest

Has anyone ever had an occurence where a scheduled scan found viruses but, these aren't recorded in the Remote Administrators Alert Log?

I fired off a scheduled scan last night and 2 clients with up to date definitions and configurations detected viruses - these are recorded in the scan log within the Remote Administrator. When I look in the Alert Log though, there aren't any corresponding entries.

I have checked out the two machines and they are both online and checking in with the Remote Administrator every 5 minutes but, for some reason, the alerts don't appear to have been recorded?

2. alglove

alglove Registered Member

This is because NOD32 does not treat viruses found by manual/scheduled scans as "alerts" or "events". They will show up only in the scan log, but not the alert log. If you look at the NOD32 Control Center at the client computers, you will see the same thing: the viruses show up in the Scan log, but not in the Event Log. The viruses that do go into the Alert/Event logs are those found by AMON, IMON, EMON, or DMON.

This is the way Eset designed the software. To be sure, it can be confusing for new users. The same thing happened to me when I first started using NOD32, until I realized what was going on.

3. CrunchieBite

CrunchieBite Guest

Thanks for the clarification - the Remote Administrator is a damned good product (beats Symantec's System Center IMHO) but, it has its quirks....I'm sure I will get used to them over time :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.