Remote Administrator 1.0.11 released

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by andrator, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrator

andrator Registered Member

Couldn't find an announcement on this forum or the Eset website, except www.eset.cz. This info is from the eset.ch newsletter.

Eset has released NOD32 Remote Administrator 1.0.11.

The release provides enhancements in the following areas:

- extended database maintenance (clean-up, compact, repair)
    - enhanced logging (log rotation, windows application log, debug log)
    - extended server options
    - enhanced work with groups in filters
    - license key upload
    - browsing network from the viewpoint of server (push install)
    - groups/active directory synchronization option
    - smtp authentication
    - saving console environment settings (columns, filters)
    - changed internal storage structure
    - other internal enhancements of console and server
    - minor bugs fixed (remote installation)
    - new help and manual (pdf)
    - nod32 2.51.26 ENU bundled
    - cfgedit 1.27.021 ENU bundled

This latest version can be downloaded from www.nod32.ch or any
    other global eset NOD32 site.

2. fosius

fosius Registered Member

The information about new Remote Administrator has been originally announced on slovak website www.eset.sk but I think www.eset.com should inform about it too..

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

It will be coming soon...

Cheers :D

4. andrator

I'm curious about the AD synchronisation option. We use different AD containers for member servers, terminal servers and workstations. Would be nice if this can be synchronised with RA so that you don't have to manually add computers to these groups.

I expect to be able to install 1.0.11 in a couple of days.

5. andrator

Just read the new 1.0.11 manual. It contains much more information than the 1.0.9 manual. The only remark I have is is that there's much information without corresponding screenshots.

Also the version numbering doesn't sort well. I've renamed 1.0.9 to 1.0.09 so that it's sorted before 1.0.11 :D

6. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    It's there for download.

7. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Remote Administrator for NOD32 v1.0.11 is now mentioned on the Registered Software download page as well as on the Support News web page.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

8. YeOldeStonecat

Installed it a few times, once on our main server at the office, and on a few clients. Choosing the custom install..you'll see preferences dealing with age, size of database, etc.

I was wondering what the "Browsing from server for push install" was about. I'm guessing this only applies for peeps who run the RAC on a workstation that connects to the RAS across a network. Since I do mostly SMB networks..I run RAS/RAC on the server. I'm guessing if you run RAC from your workstation...I guess in some instances of really big enterprise networks...your local network browsing may be different than the servers network browser cache..and this may help you as you can have the RAC on your workstation pull netbios names from the RAS boxes network browser.

I haven't found where this "license key upload" is..or how it helps? I've always done it from the control center from the NOD running on the RAS....after of course pushing it in during the RAS install. (so end up installing the .lic file twice actually..odd that the initial one never sticks it in the license tab of the control center).

Only been a few days..but as a few weeks go by, will be nice to see if any differences in the status panel, regarding warnings, esp those common "lost communications" warnings.

Have to deploy a fleet of new IBM Thinkpads to some nurses next week..so today I'll upgrade their RAC/RAS box..see if there's any difference in push installs..although I never had any problem with push installs before..always loved it.

9. Shaggiee

Shaggiee Registered Member

Just tried to update my licenced copy of RAS on our W2K server SP4 to 1.0.11 from 1.0.4 and got an install error, "(527) Specific component installation error NOD32MOD_WINNT_ENGLISH_RASRV" anyone have a similar experience? Would like to keep my version up to date if possible and as I have just renewed my licence thought it would be a good time to do it.

10. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

During installation, try skipping the step where you can browse for a license key and install it later.

11. YeOldeStonecat

Updated MDAC on the server?

12. Shaggiee

Shaggiee Registered Member

Thanks for the quick replys, will try the skip licence file first although I have copied the new one into the RAS folder and have the old version working again. No MDAC updates done to the server, should I have ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.