Remote Admin Console Hangs when trying to delete client

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by lolo2907, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lolo2907

lolo2907 Registered Member

All,
    When I try to delete a client in the remote admin console it hangs up and crashes. Any ideas on how to fix this?

2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

I started seeing something similar to this, and got around it by restarting the RA services and trying to delete again.

3. lolo2907

lolo2907 Registered Member

that helped for the time being. thank you very much for that suggestion. Has this reoccurred for you over time?

4. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Yeah, happened again to me today though I don't delete clients very often. I am thinking that I am pushing the limits of the internal access database with 550+ clients or I am dealing with some weird corruption issues in mine, but I'm not eager to dump the thing and start all over considering how infrequently the laptop users turn the dumb things on so they can report in.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This would happen if the connection between the client and the server is still active. Either the client's sending large logs to the server or didn't disconnect from ERAS for some reason. Make sure that you have the latest version of ERA installed. Should the problem persist, try installing the latest v4 on that client.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I just noticed this thread . I could also confirm this behaviour (noticed recently) . It happens both with the newest and with a previous build of ERA Server/Console . Clients are EAV and ESS 3.0.672 , 3.0.684 , 4.0.435 and 4.0.437 (most 3.0.684 and 4.0.435)

What is also nasty that not only era chashes but sometime explorer , too.

7. gddl630

gddl630 Registered Member

we have the same issue and it seems to relate to the number of users connected to the server.
    up to 2-300 seems OK, but @ 447 even restarting the services does not help and the clients have not connected for over 4 weeks so it not an issue of connections being open.

spoke to UK ESET support and their solution seems to be uninstall the client and check if this removes the client from list, but in reality that is not a solution given 1) i don't want to uninstall the client 2) new client entries are created for every network subnet so I really don't need half a dozen entries per laptop user

has anyone found a work around that allows cleaning up this mess?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.