Remote Admin 3.0.105 & v2, v3 and v4 clients?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by tanstaafl, Mar 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tanstaafl

tanstaafl Registered Member

Will Remote Admin 3.0.105 manage all of v2, v3 and v4 clients?

I am still on Remote Admin 1.0.15 with 2.7 on the clients...

Can I update the Remote Admin from 1.0.15 and still, manage my v2.7 clients?

I was planning on uninstalling the clients and updating them to v4 in batches, but it would obviously be easier if I can do the uninstall and new install from the same Remote Admin Console...

My only other choice is to install a new Remote Admin Server for the new v4 clients, but I'd rather not have to do that...

Thanks...

2. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Will Remote Admin 3.0.105 manage all of v2, v3 and v4 clients? - Yes

Can I update the Remote Admin from 1.0.15 and still, manage my v2.7 clients? - Yes, but you will need to uninstall your current version and clean install 3.0.105

I was planning on uninstalling the clients and updating them to v4 in batches, but it would obviously be easier if I can do the uninstall and new install from the same Remote Admin Console... obviously

My only other choice is to install a new Remote Admin Server for the new v4 clients, but I'd rather not have to do that... You won't

Cheers :)

3. tanstaafl

Hello,

Thank you for the response. I hope you won't be offended, but I really would like to receive a response from someone from ESET on this.

I'm still extremely puzzled - no, wrong word... bewildered? amazed? flabbergasted? - that even after 2 1/2 YEARS , there is still no official upgrade guide for enterprise installations. If it really is as simple as ESET claims, then it would take all of one PARAGRAPH in each of the Quick/User guides.

So, please... Marcos, or someone, would you mind giving me an officially unofficial (or would that be unofficially official?) word on upgrading per this thread?

Thanks...

4. tanstaafl

Hello? Marcos? Anyone?

I'd really like a formal answer - by an ESET rep. I was initially told by a rep I called that the v2 Remote Admin would NOT work with both v2 and v3 clients...

I really do NOT like having to EXPERIMENT just to find out what clients the Remote Admin works with - or how to perform an upgrade on an enterprise installation, for that matter.

Why is this so damned difficult? I'm seriously considering changing for this reason alone.

PLEASE PROVIDE AN OFFICIAL UPGRADE DOC OF SOME KIND.

sheesh.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

ERA 3 can manage all clients, including v2, v3 and v4.

6. Adramalech

Adramalech Registered Member

Take another server (vm) and push out an xml file telling your current clients to point to the new server. Then, if you like to, do a push upgrade installation over the old client version. It's totally unattended and works almost all the time.

That's how I did it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.