"Remember" doesn't seem to work

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by hojtsy, Feb 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Hi gottadoit,

It is a good idea in theory, however the problem arises from the fact that there could be more than 1 short filename version of a filename.

For instance take c:\program files\ghost security\regdefend\regdefend.exe

There could be :-
    c:\progra~1\ghost security\regdefend\regdefend.exe
    c:\progra~1\ghosts~1\regdefend\regdefend.exe
    etc

Most programs which give the dos version of their filename typically only use the "full compressed" short filename however. I am trying to find an altnerative undocumented way of finding the short filename for future versions, so I don't necessarily want to add complications like this just yet, we will have to see what the near future holds first. :)

2. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Excellent explaination ! Thanks

3. feddup

feddup Registered Member

I also can't get "remember" to work. Regdefender seems to have some issues with spy sweeper as well. I saw in some of the prior posts that the 8.3 filenames seemed to be an issue. I've disabled 8.3 filename creation right after the last install and wondered if it could be causing my freezing problem. As well as not remembering regdefender seems to lock my PC up so badly that a hard reboot is required. This happens almost everytime I attempt to change anything in regdefend. I'm no PC guru so operator error could be causing some of the problems. I think this software conceptually is a noble venture. I've already purchased the product and plan on pursuing it till I get it to work. I realize their will be some bugs to work out but I'm sure the end result will be worthwhile.

4. Caliban

Caliban Registered Member

I'm having the same freeze when opening and trying to click on anything in the GUI. I have to do a hard reboot to continue.

5. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Could you try moving the .GHST files in your installed RegDefend directory (will be in a sub folder called groups), to another directory, then rerunning it. Also could you email me those .GHST files so I could check them for corruption.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.