Reliability of "live" imaging

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bbz_Ghost, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I don't think they are knee jerk defenses as the questions would be the same regardless. The likelihood of what you are suggesting is just so small. Have you tried imaging and restoring from the Recovery CD.

2. layman

layman Registered Member

Official it may be, but the support here is almost entirely user-to-user [and, don't misunderstand, I applaud Acronis for the site nevertheless - more companies should do this sort of thing.] I simply spoke up in response to the question concerning reliability that launched this thread. The fact is, I've experienced a number of non-hypothetical (albeit undocumented) incidents that have raised my own concerns in this regard. Xpilot (I think it was) makes a valid point, though. I should begin doing my own precautionary testing to conclusively determine the fidelity of restoration. It has been some time now since I've seen any of the truly hair-raising anomalies, but the bank tells me the current incident (failure of the enhanced security verification) means the cookie had to have been deleted. So the cookie has somehow gone missing following restoration, and there is no easy way, after the fact, to say anything conclusive about its absence. You can only document this sort of thing by proactively taking (and preserving) your own system snapshot just prior to imaging, then taking another snapshot following restoration to see, before and after, how the file system and registry compare. I'm not really in a position to start this immediately (I'm in the middle of a relo right now) but will begin doing so as soon as possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.