reinstalling SpyBlaster after non-destructive recovery

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Mordido, Apr 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordido

Mordido Registered Member

I just did a non-destructive recovery on my hp pavilion a650y, Windows XP Home Edition. I had to reinstall SpyBlaster. I went and uninstalled at the folder, deleted the folder, rebooted, and installed, rebooted. I have a key for autoupdate, and when reboot, there's a popup window that'll appear bottom right from the task bar indicating the SpyBlaster is updating automatically. Since the non-destructive recovery, uninstall, and install, the popup appears or comes up shimmering in double: i.e. one appears (shimmering and looking as if it not connect right) and then a second popup follows. I have to click each one separately to get them to disappear or leave 'em alone, and one by one they go back down into the taskbar. I never had this problem before. Can you tell me why there's two popup windows on the taskbar for the autoupdate?

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi Mordido. :)

Welcome to Wilders.

I'm not familair with that popup as i don't have auto updates but u might try an uninstall, reinstall again of SpywareBlaster and see if that clears it up.

Don't forget to undo all protection before uninstalling.

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.