Reinstalling KIS - how many times is too many?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by optigrab, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

The other day I finally got around to installing KIS on my laptop after purchasing a three-year commercial license as described in this thread: KIS 6.0 for $18.95 till 03/24/2007.

Well, I violated a practice of mine in that I performed more than one significant change/upgrade in a 24 hr period: I also upgraded my wireless adapter drivers and GUI. :blink:

Now I am having some trouble authenticating with my home network. While I don't think Kaspersky is related to the problem, I can't be entirely certain, so I have uninstalled it and re-installed it twice (maybe three times) in the past 72 hrs, configuring it differently each time... and I might do it again soon.

How many times can I do this before I have difficulty re-registering KIS?

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I *think* Kaspersky does not have any pre-set limit to how many times you can register it before it blocks you out. But, if you do it too frequently, the KL guys might see something suspicious and put you on the black list, in which case you will need to contact them and explain the situation.

3. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

You can reregister as often as you like. I think I reregistered about a 1000 times now.
    There is no problem with that.

The best you can do is use the avp tool to remove all the Kaspersky parts and than reinstall KIS. Unfortunately I'm not able to include this file over here.
    Please post your question at the Kaspersky Forum and me or some of the experts over there will provide you with it

4. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Do you mean re-register or re-activate?

Why not change your activation code to a key-file: https://activation.kaspersky.com/

Save the key-file, then you can re-install KIS as many times as you need.

5. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

Thanks a million Firecat, Sjoeii, Blackcat!

It seems I can keep re-installing while I sort out my wireless issue - I can't imagine that it will be more than once or twice more. This morning I reverted to an image taken prior to the problem, so I am temporarily back to F-Secure. But at least the wireless connection is working well. I'll move back to KIS in a more careful fashion to confirm that KIS didn't cause the wireless problem in the first place. Hopefully I can prevent it from re-appearing.

I will head over to the Kaspersky forums too. I am looking forward to making the best use of KIS, including the firewall. I have been using XP firewall since giving up Outpost a year ago.

Good point. I think I mean re-activate. What is the advantage(s) of coverting my activation code to a key-file?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.