Reinstalling ESET after wiping a computer

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by sazmatazz, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sazmatazz

sazmatazz Registered Member

I had a problem with my laptop not starting and took it to a computer shop who took it in and then ended up charging me £60 to wipe it, which I could have quite easily done myself. However, now I (finally) have it back, they've not wiped it to the Acer factory settings but must have done it in a different way, so now the keyboard and mouse shortcuts don't work and there's programs missing such as the one I always use to play DVDs and the one for the webcam. I now just want to restore it myself to save having to deal with them again but I also bought ESET smart security for this laptop, as well as the home computer and another laptop and want to make sure that if I do reset my laptop that I can still reinstall the software on here and the other 2 machines without problem. Thanks.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello sazmatazz.

As long as your license is current for all the computers, you can reinstall it no matter how many times you remove it.

3. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Ronjor is correct. Make sure that you have access to a record of your username and password. Go to the ESET download page: http://www.eset.com/download/home which will prompt you for your username and password from your license when you select a download.

Thank you,
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.