reinstalled & working SP2

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by larryb52, May 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

I being of a stubborn nature, reinstalled & expecting to get errors of not being allowed to install was surprised when it just installed fine updated & running just fine...even rebooted to test if it would error on reboot, nope happy to report all is well...I do notice that the av & spyware scanner module is dated 5/29 is this the reason it's running fine or am I just lucky anyway I have to report that I have ESS running now on both laptops with no problems as of now & I'm very happy to be able to say that...

2. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

I think if the new Antivirus and Antispyware Scanner Module was the fix, it would have been announced. If you reinstall v4.0.437.0, it will have the scanner modules from when that build was released, about a week ago, before the new update which you say may have fixed the issue. Although if it is working fine for you now, I would probably leave it.

Regards,

Mark.

3. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

As long as the system started and all ESS modules are active you are fine, the problem lies in how SP2 starts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.