Regular Crashing

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by faceless user, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. faceless user

faceless user Registered Member

I'm using 1a and I'm having regular crashes. Usually at least one a day. Anyone else having similar issues?:(

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you mean BSOD or an application crash?

3. faceless user

Application crashes. What will happen is the window stating "your application has preformed an illegal whatever" pops up, then it will start to bog down the system. Since there is no option to exit the application, I have to end the process. Then the system freezes up, and I restart. Not to fun. On average, once a day, but can give me longer stretches sometimes.

4. de jean

de jean Registered Member

never happened here ... never. ( so far :D )
    is it in all kinds of programs ?

5. faceless user

I'm really trying to determine if it's a conflict with a certain program or just in general. I'm testing on my laptop and desktop. It crashes more frequent on my laptop, but I also use my laptop far more.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Could you please send the Dr Watson's log to support[at]eset.com with a link to this thread? Maybe it will shed more light. On Windows XP, it's created in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson\" by default.

7. 7TWO

7TWO Registered Member

I got BSOD in 5times+ per day ... i sent a bug report and uploaded data on ftp from address cor72z@...

8. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

So far no BSOD, but the GUI is crashing on me from time to time when I edit firewall rules.

9. IcePanther

IcePanther Registered Member

In encountered the GUI hanging on me, not when editing firewall rules, but when attempting to create rules for some incoming connections. Other than that, no crashes.

10. thezman

thezman Registered Member

so far no problems .. yet... only been running for maybe a week though and not on vista.. so far only on my xp machine...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.