Regsistry cleaner unable to remove obsolete eset entries

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by tommy456, Apr 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommy456

tommy456 Registered Member

Can anyone tell me why eset ss is protecting registery entries that are obsolete, i have manually checked there is no folder or file called mirror at that location, anyone know why it does this ?

Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\eset\eset security\currentversion\plugins\01000400\profiles\@my profile
    MirrorFolder = C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET Smart Security\mirror
    c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\eset\eset smart security\mirror
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\eset\eset security\currentversion\plugins\01000600\profiles\@my profile\excludes\node_00000000

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

With ESET uninstalled, it must be possible to remove the ESET registry values. They should have been removed during uninstall, however.

3. tommy456

tommy456 Registered Member

Re: Registry cleaner unable to remove obsolete eset entries

I think you in part misunderstood what i was meaning, But yes i would imagine that these orphan entries in the registry would be more than likely removed by eset during un-installation, or manually afterwards

That's not the issue that i was highlighting, It whilst it is running, why does eset continue to protect it's orphaned reg entries Hips logging shows it too
    Code:
    C:\WINDOWS\regedit.exe	Delete from registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Plugins\01000400\Profiles\@My profile\MirrorFolderblocked	SelfDefense: Registry with full protection
    C:\Program Files\Registry Mechanic\RegMech.exe Delete from registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Plugins\01000400\Profiles\@My profile\MirrorFolder blocked	SelfDefense: Registry with full protection	

C:\Program Files\Registry Mechanic\RegMech.exe Delete from registryHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Plugins\01000600\Profiles\@My profile\Excludes\Node_00000000\Path	blocked	SelfDefense: Registry with full protection	

If these entries are no longer in use then why does eset continue to prevent them being deleated? the mirror entry has been there since installation of eset, but the other is quite recent, I suppose i could restart eset with hips disabled and delete them , but i shouldn't have to

4. encus

encus Registered Member

From my past experience, ESS usually leaves remnants of its files and registry keys when uninstalling the product. I usually do manual cleanup (search for the files and perform regedit).

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If ESET is installed, it protects the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security" registry key and all subkeys. If it's not installed and there are some leftovers in the registry after uninstallation, you should be able to remove them fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.