Regseeker Problems?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Leonard Chowns, Jun 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leonard Chowns

Leonard Chowns Registered Member

My Regseeker, Just all of a sudden started Flashing warnings? I think? I am not sure what they mean as they are in Spanish? I think? "Indice de liste hors limites (0) " If they had been in French I might have figured it out? Can anyone help out ? Lenny

2. Lamehand

Lamehand Registered Member

the Netherlands,very near to the North sea
    I'm not spanish or know the language, but it looks to me that some list is out of range, at least that's what i can make of it.

regards

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

4. Leonard Chowns

Bubba:Sorry for making a new Thread when others existed? Maybe someone suggested that I do that? But I will never tell? HA HA ! I will look into following your direction and find the info already Posted. Thanks, Your Friend Lenny . P.S. I think that I will enjoy this Forum and You were my first contact and I might add very helpful.Thanks Again

5. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

"Indice de liste hors limites'' is French and it means ''List out of bounds".:)

6. MojoWorkin

MojoWorkin Registered Member

This was the number 1 reason I unistalled RegSeeker, even though I liked it's results. Too many times I received this same error after only a month or two.
    I'll stick to TU2006 and jv16 Powertools until a 'fix" for this error can be found.

Funny, you just posted this 7 hours earlier...
    "Yes I use Regseeker? But you must be very very careful? It and I caused a Crash and Had to Restore. Always leave Backup deletions ON. Lenny"

The only way I resolved this issue, was to uninstall, run another registry cleaner, and reinstall, sometimes took multiple tries.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2006
  7. Leonard Chowns

Dear Uguel707: Please forgive me.I guess that I should not assume anything? Well I just add fuel to the fire that my wife thinks that I am loosing it. When I showed her this post! Her response was " You Dope, of course that is French "

But no matter what Language it is in - Regseeker is still screwing up. Leonard

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

It will remain our little secret :eek: :blink:

9. Leonard Chowns

Dear MojoWorkin: Yes I have used Regseeker in the past, I am still using it in the present, And I plan in using it in the future. Just because a warning shows up now,"actually 7 hours ago", Did not mean that I will stop using it. The care that I emphasized when using it is still the same. Persons need to be very careful when it is used as it is a very powerful tool and can be devastating in the wrong hands.

This is the first error that I have had with my Regseeker. If after I get it fixed and It keeps coming back. I will probably follow your suit and try something else? Thank You For your info Lenny

10. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I use Regseeker, I have no problems. But I don't go wild and delete everything in sight only the entrys in green. You can get in trouble with any register cleaner, some more than others. I am not a expert, I am also no idiot.

11. Leonard Chowns

Dear Carver: I truly hope that you or anyone else took my statement as personal? No, I did not mean to insinuate that you, or anyone else is an idiot. I do not even Know you. I do however know some persons that can not leave well enough alone, and do clean out some of the main operating parts of the Registers. I do know where you are coming from, As I am a member of WBB and in one post I just happened to mention that I use Regseeker!!!

Boy Did I open A can of Worms. Those guys really whacked it to me. It took Many Many Posts to convince them that I did Know what I was doing, When I used My Regseeker. Thanks For your Info Lenny

12. MojoWorkin

I guess, since it's only the text we see in forums, and not the person's face (as in expression), it's easy to misidentify the meaning we try to relate.
    I, in no way, was trying to point out anything other than the Error seemed to occur very soon after the crash you reported in the other thread.
    I am not trying to convince anyone as to what to use on their machines, I can only say what my personal experiences are with certain products I have, in fact used, and let the information flow, to be used or disacrded as the individual seems fit.
    That being said, and I hope you now understand my initial intent, will close off, and I can only hope you fix the problem to your issue.

13. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Sure I've made mistakes, mostly those of inexperience. Some because of rushing to get finished for some deadline. But everythings a learning experence, just learn from your mistakes. Don't worry so much about what people think, we all have to start somewhere.
    @Leonard Chowns I didn't mean to sound self-righteous.

14. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

No fault! there are so many languages around, it is easy to get confused! Apparently, I read that there are some programs that can cause a bug in Reg Seeker. There are people at PC Astuces who reported the same issue that you have.

http://forum.pcastuces.com/sujet.asp?SUJET_ID=201127

...and that happened especially after installing one of these programs: Acrylic, ITunes, QuickTime version 7.0.3 One guy there contacted a chief programmer at Reg Seeker and he told that they will work out the problem soon.

Hope this help!:)

15. Leonard Chowns

MojoWorkin: Gee Man: I certainty did not want to get of on the wrong foot. But It looks like I may have offended some persons. I did not mean to, These are the first posts on this Bulletin Board, and It seems like I have Been typing all day, In trying to make a GOOD first impression I can see after reading over what I wrote that I have come across as very straight laced. And a Know-it-all.I am really not like that!! Please everyone please forgive me. I will endeavour to watch my protocol and just be my friendly self!! God Bless All. Lenny

16. MojoWorkin

No Worrys...
    I wasn't offended at all, but I can't speak for all, and will not even try that.
    I catch myself as much as others, about misinterpreting some replies in various forums, and usually, the kinks work out after time.

As Uguel707 put so well... among the various languages and personal traits, it's easy for confusion to occur.

I only wish the RegSeeker "French Connection" was corrected, as I liked the way it worked, when it worked. I only suffice with the applications I use in it's place.

Glad to share thoughts, and hope to find another thread we can discuss later.
    (if only more simplified... :D )
    Peace

17. Leonard Chowns

Dear MojoWorkin: Thank you for being so understanding! Let me explain why the subject of Regseeker is so Important, that I do not inadvertently suggest to anyone, that it's O.K. - a child could use it-there is nothing to worry about-or any statement that might portray that idea!!!As about a year or more ago, I was trying to completely uninstall Norton Anti-virus from my computer " we all know that a simple uninstall still leaves little bits everywhere in the system."

Up until then I used Regseeker to remove Histories and cookies.But in this instance I had Regseeker search and then remove all mentions of Symtec and/or Norton from my computer. I had it set to save a backup thinking that I would just replace anything later if I had to.-------- Well that is just when the lights went out---- No . I mean literally The Hydro went off. So did the computer and off into the Ether went my files needed to even start up my computer. ------------------ Oh, By the Way The Last half doz. times that I used Regseeker the Problem was not there? Well Heres Hoping.

What a job restoring everything that I lost. It took Hours just to do my Windows updates, right from day one. Well now you know my Hell story. Lenny Oh, By the Way the last half doz. times that I used Reseeker the problem had disappered, Well heres hoping.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2006
  18. SystemHLP

SystemHLP Registered Member

Hi Folks.

I'm here cuz I've had the same prob with RegSeeker completing it's scan. Got some help but also saw a few errors here I'd like to try to correct.

1. RegSeeker is not an "installed" utility. It's a standalone and needs no Windows components to run. you can run it from a jump drive upon immediate plugin to any computer.
    2. I've used @prompt to translate the French and the result was "Indication of list except borders".
    3. RegSeeker can be abrasive with it's cleaning although I've only had one event where I had problems, in about 3 years of using it, albeit sparingly. I haven't tried excepting ClassesRoot from the scan yet but I will. I got this problem after using "Privacy Expert" to clean a few times.

That's all I've got at the moment. Thanks.

D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.