Regseeker & "indice de listehors limites(o)" error

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ronny, Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronny

ronny Registered Member

Does anyone know what this error means? I have used regseeker before without any problems.
    I' ve been searching for hours...:-((.
    Thank you in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

What the English translation means....I have no clue and if it helps others further....what version are you using at present ?

indice de liste hors limites =....index of list except limits

3. hadi

hadi Guest

I can see the error comes when you try to clean the registry. right.
    1-have you cleaned the registry with another program recently
    2-if you click ok what happens
    3-can you delete the reg entries after hitting ok. if yes
    4-make sure you backup. delete the entries and try again. if the error appears again repeat steps 3 and 4
    5-continue repeat 3 and 4

4. ronny

ronny Registered Member

Thank you Bubba & hadi.
    I have the error with both versions :1.35 build 1203 & 1.45 build 0505.

1-yes i have tried out jv16 Powertools & used Registry Mechanic & Crap Cleaner a few days ago.(and...no i haven't backedup the deleted entries,they looked innocent to me :oops: .I never had any problems using registry mechanic or crapcleaner,...before.Moreover i use the same registrycleaners on my other comp and there Regseeker is working fine o_O )

2-If i click "ok" the little screen disappears and i can delete the ".api" error, but it reappears with the next scan.

3-If i UNcheck "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT" but not "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" and the others,Regseeker completes his scan succesfully. (but he hasn't scanned the "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT" naturally)

5. hadi

hadi Guest

I guessed so. It means the other cleaners have removed a reg entry whic is necessary for regseeker to complete its scan. but dont worry. clean with it step by step. then next scan will continue smooth

clean first without "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT" then do a separate scan for "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT"

6. ronny

ronny Registered Member

Sorry Hadi ,doesn't work.I'm still getting the error. :(

7. hadi

hadi Guest

Hi
    This is the problem with reg cleaners you'll never know when a deleted registry becomes very important.
    You can solve the problem by redoing the backup from jv16 Powertools, Registry Mechanic & Crap Cleaner but you do have them. crapcleaner is not friendly with registry BTW. The other choice is to use other cleaners jv16 Powertools and Registry Mechanic.
    MY ADVICE: LEAVE REGISTRY AS IS
    (few thousands entries will not do harm and wont take much space a few KBs only).
    Read this:
    about 5 months ago I did a clean install to a guy and before giving the machine back I cleaned about 500 entries. I saved the backup on a CD and forgot the CD in the drive. A week ago he phoned me complaining about a particular link that doesn't respond, after checking I replied: link is ok here. Then I went to see if it is a spyware problem which wasn't. Then he said that he has kept a CD that was in the drive when he collected the machine. I said what CD, after seeing its contents I remembered the CD. To shorten the story I made a redo to that registry backup which was on the CD, the link worked. Yesterday I had another machine but I didn't do any cleaning. see here
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=88846

8. ronny

ronny Registered Member

*desperately* There must be a way to repair my regseeker,no?
    (I wish they sold it instead of freeware so i could ask for support...)

9. hadi

hadi Guest

Hi
    here is another proof from another machine that I'm 100% sure about. The damage is done after cleaning the registry with the very trusted and well known paid version "RegSupreme Pro" using its normal scan not deep scan. immediately after that Regseeker showed an error after scanning 230 entries see pic (translation:there is no disk in the drive). I have no idea which drive. tried all posibilities to no avail. I can show you more but didn't save all the pics
    http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/5459/assd9ef.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.