RegRun Platinum 5.0 is Available!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CogitoErgoSum, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CogitoErgoSum

CogitoErgoSum Registered Member

For the time being, the RegRun Platinum 5.0 upgrade is available to registered owners via the "web update" button in RegRun's Control Center. Upon installation, I highly recommend that the "Partizan" feature be enabled as it appears to be disabled by default. It can be found in the "options" control panel.

The new changes in RegRun Platinum v5.0 are as follows:

1) New! RegRun Partizan provide you a new the newest rootkit protection of the world.

Partizan can detect and remova rootkits before Windows starting. Partizan is a native API application that works on the early stage of Windows boot process like a auto check disks.

2) Updated for fixing new security holes.

3) Updated for compatibility with Windows Vista RTM.

4) Fixing the bugs with working under non-administrative account.

I have found that v5.0 installs smoothly, runs relatively stable and does not consume any more resources than v4.6. I guess it is just a matter of time when this latest version will be available on the Greatis web site.

http://www.greatis.com/security/

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum

2. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Thanks CogitoErgoSum,

Installed and working smoothly.:)

3. muf

muf Registered Member

Won't work for me. I check for update. It tells me 5.0 is available. It downloads to 9.8mb and then sits there as though it's still downloding it although it's not moving from 9.8mb. I close the webupdate tool and it says it finished downloading it and do i want to unzip and install. I say Yes and thats it, it just dies. No install. Tried it 3 times with all my other security apps switched off, including my firewall. No go. Fun eh?

muf

4. CogitoErgoSum

Hello muf,

Out of curiosity, have you checked your C:\ProgramFiles\Greatis\RegRunSuite folder for a newly created RegRunPlat5.0 zip folder? The reason that I ask is because, for whatever reason, that is where I had to go to manually install RRP 5.0. Hope this helps.

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum

5. muf

muf Registered Member

CogitoErgoSum,

You get the Gold medal for this weeks "muf's best helper" award. Yep, the file was there and it's all installed and up and running. :)

Cheers,
    muf

6. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

cool! a new toy to try on Vista :D

i hope its released soon.

7. muf

muf Registered Member

To quote the Smiths "How soon is now?"

http://www.greatis.com/security/download.htm

It says it's v4.6 but noticed the compatibility list says VISTA. I just downloaded the Platinum edition and looked inside the zip file and it's v5.0

Have fun!

muf

8. CogitoErgoSum

muf,

You are very welcome. I am just happy to help out.

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum

9. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

so far its working in Vista. nothing extraordinary over 4.6 though.

10. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Just been trying this out, its an interesting piece of software. Some very handy tools.

11. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

This is very interesting as it this loads very early - SSM does not even see it load - ssm loads as boot

12. CogitoErgoSum

Great observation starfish_001!

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum

13. controler

controler Guest

I do not think EP_XOFF has tested this yet.
    You hear people complain about UnHackme not as good at finding kernel mode rootkits but RRP has many more features then UnHackme.
    I was looking it it some last year when in Beta.

controler

14. CogitoErgoSum

For those of you who are trialing or are registered users of RegRun Platinum 5.0, I highly recommend that you double check to see if the "Partizan" feature is enabled/installed. To do so you need to open "RegRun Start Control", click upon the "Features" button and then select "Partizan". In my case, despite enabling Partizan via the "Options" control panel, it turns out that it wasn't installed. Although, I have finally been able to activate this feature, I have opened a Greatis support ticket to see whether or not this is a possible bug.

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum

15. controler

controler Guest

You can also trade in your Unhackme LIC for a discount. I think the discount price is $39.99

16. muf

muf Registered Member

Same here. Not very clear. Why allow you to enable "check for rootkits at startup" in the Partizan tab. It should at the very least popup saying it needs to be installed to work, or even do a self test and state it's not installed and do you want to install it. I wouldn't say it's a bug, just simply poor design. Why have the option to enable it as well as installing it? If you enable it then you surely want to use it so it should install the driver by default once you check "Enable".

Anyway, thanks for the heads up. It's working and I got the scan screen up. It comes up before the Welcome screen appears. Very early. Whether it's actually any good would need to be established through tests...

muf

17. CogitoErgoSum

muf,

You are very welcome.

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum

18. CogitoErgoSum

19. lu_chin

lu_chin Registered Member

I download a trial copy of Regrun Platinum 5.0 and as others had mentioned Partizan was not installed by default. Since I was new with RR, I opted to run a rootkit check with Unhackme. It only took a few seconds and I was not sure what it was scanning for or whether it was effective against rootkits or not. The same thing went with Partizan. During my Windows boot up, the Partizan messages appeared. Although it said the process could take 1 to 10 minutes, it would took less than 30 seconds before the Windows logon screen appeared. So far I liked the collection of system tools that came with RR but I did not get a good sense of whether Partizan or Unhackme were really useful or not. Did anyone test RR using any malware samples?

Thanks.

20. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Big thanks for the heads-up !

Attached Files:

21. muf

muf Registered Member

Just thought i'd give you a heads up on RRP. If you look at the version number within the RRP Unhackme module you will notice it is 3.5 Beta. I'm not happy about this. Nowhere did they inform me I was using a Beta version. I pay particular attention to Beta version's, in that they come nowhere near my pc. Finding out that there is a Beta version of software within this suite when they did not make this clear has really angered me. Couple that with the fact that Unhackme is now at version 4 and not only are we Platinum users using a Beta version of Unhackme, we are also using an old version of it as well. And to think, Platinum is supposed to be the flagship product!

muf

22. ESQ_ERRANT

ESQ_ERRANT Registered Member

I have a compatibility issue concerning the new RegRun Platinum 5.0 program that comes with the Partizan anti-rootkit tool. I am assuming that the question and concern that I have are a proper subject for this thread.

I use Raxco's PerfectDisk defragmenter (version 8.0) and I usually set it up to do an offline pagefile and system file defragmentation at preboot. I find that this function does not work with the new RegRun Platinum 5.0 program installed even when I turn off all RegRun functions -- at least I believe that I have turned off all RegRun functions when I attempt to do an offline defrag using PerfectDisk. Note: I do not have a problem doing a regular defrag, using PerfectDisk defragmenter in normal mode, whether various services of RegRun Platinum are running or not.

I would also point out that, once I uninstalled RegRun, the offline pagefile and system file defragmentation program was still inoperative, so some corruption must have occurred with the PerfectDisk defragmenter app.

I then uninstalled and reinstalled PerfectDisk and attempted -- this time successfully -- to run the preboot pagefile and system file defragmentation.

I have a Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 machine with a dual Intel Xeon processor. I would like to know if other users who have both PerfectDisk 8.0 and the new RegRun Platinum 5.0 program installed together on their machines have encountered the sort of problem I have encountered, as described here. If so and if this is a problem between the two programs and not merely an atypical problem with my machine and, perhaps, with a few others, I wonder if anyone can suggest a solution to the problem so that I can use both RegRun Platinum and PerfectDisk. By the way, I note that I continue to receive a preboot "partizan" message on my machine even with RegRun uninstalled; and I did use RegRun's own uninstaller. I did not use a third party uninstaller to uninstall the program. I look forward to all assistance. Thank you in advance.

23. CogitoErgoSum

Hello ESQ_ERRANT,

Your best bet is to open a Greatis support ticket at the following link.

http://www.greatissoftware.com/techsupport/

Chances are good that Dmitry will be able to sort things out for you.

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum

24. ESQ_ERRANT

ESQ_ERRANT Registered Member

Thank you CogitoErgoSum. Actually, I did complete and send a support ticket to Greatis immediately after posting my query at Wilders. If I get a reply from Support, I will post it here. Thanks again for such a swift reply.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2006
  25. CogitoErgoSum

ESQ_ERRANT,

You are very welcome.

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.