RegProtect

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by mickeystar, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mickeystar

mickeystar Registered Member

Hi, I've installed RegProtect from your website and I was wondering how do I uninstall it?

Those boxes that keep popping up are quite annoying, even thought I underatand they are doing a good job.

And there is nothing in the Add/Remove in the Control Panel.

Any help appreciated.

2. tonyjl

tonyjl Registered Member

Hi mickeystar.

I agree that the pop-ups are annoying :mad: ,but if you know that the pop-up is safe,ie the application is lagit and just doing what it's supposed to,then just click 'Always allow this action' and you'll never get that perticular pop-up again,as time passes,the pop-ups will get less and less,and aventually stop (untill you install something new). Just think of the increased security your PC will have once you've got it all set up,it is well worth the hassle and annoyance at the start,just stick with it mate.

3. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

did you mean "regdefend" as opposed to "regprotect"? the uninstall should be listed in "add/remove" as "ghostsecuritysuite"..

if you are going to uninstall "regedfend" ("ghostsecuritysuite"), imo, you should be careful that all of its processes are closed before running the uninstall.. close the regdefend icon in the systray, then close "gss.exe" (ghostsecuritysuite, "GSS"), in "task manager", then run the uninstall from add/remove..

alternatively, you could boot into safe mode (for uninstalling regdefend/shostsecuritysuite), then check to see that all of "ghostsecuritysuite's" processes are closed, then run the uninstall (from "add/remove")..

i don't think the popup-alerts are a problem.. it depends on what you want as far as permanently allowing some things while only allowing some things to run once (in regdefend).. still it really should not be a problem..

in some cases, if you are getting a lot of alerts (while you are installing something), just set it to "always allow", and then, if you want to, you can adjust the rules, later, undoing (deleting) that rule.. i have done that, sometimes..

set some of the rules to "always allow", ones where you know what they are and they are normal operations, like logging onto the internet, or running various programs or utilities..

i do think that regdefend is a powerful tool for stopping malware since almost all of the malware that i see (at antivirus websites) adds some regkey to "startup", and i don't think that it would get past regdefend..

close all of "ghostsecuritysuite's" processes before running the uninstall..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.