regprot

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by regprot, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. regprot

regprot Guest

I have PG2 full licensed protecting my box with all high settings. Hoped to have one more protection to my box, when tried running "regprot.exe" downloaded for free from diamondcs.com.au, popups came up consequently; if I replied "NO" to one, it kept showing up. Finally, I had to turn it off. Was/Is there something wrong on my box? Please help. Thanks.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi regprot, Which program is giving the popups as it is unclear to me ATM

Do you have regprot on your protection list?

Thanks. Pilli :)

3. regprot_

regprot_ Guest

Thanks Mod. Pilli.

That was "regprot.exe" and it was on the protection list of PG2.

I remember that even with PG2 trial version I used before, regprot.exe did behave like this. I got rid of it anyway since constantly repeated popups. I like to have a registry protection monitoring program installed; I tried with spysweeper_3 (seems having issues with pg2 on my box) - had to uninstalled since MchHookxxx driver; I tried with spybotS&K1.3 (seemed having false positive on my box since it reported "known malicous program" when run un-installing opera browser.- I forgot name it reported).

I am looking forward to help for securing my box. I have suspected my box infected with some nasty thing (probably, kind of rootkit). I have seen PG2 (full) reported "new driver installed" but not shown specific which one did? or which one was installed? While, I believed, most things have been in place (hardwares). Hope new release of PG will provide much more powerful protection and inform users more hidden things being processing critically to users' box.

TIA.

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

This is not good news.

Process Guard should only be installed in known clean machines or new installations.

Regardid ing SpySweeper 3 it works fine here with PG2

I am wondering if having to many registry monitoring programs running is always a good thing :)

HTH Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.