regprot problem

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by SvL, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SvL

SvL Guest

Hi, I've been using regprot.exe for the first time. I refused some registry keys in the begin, which wasn't that smart since my firewall and virusscanner (and who knows what more) do not start anymore with windows. Besides that I am unable to switch autoprotect and mailscanning on (norton AV 2004 p)....

Anyone knows how to fix this, without re-installing the programs...I have tried a "systeem herstel" as its called in Dutch, the automatic regain of an older status of windows (Win XP prof), but windows was unable to do that for some reasen.

Thanks

2. dog

dog Guest

Hi SvL, ;)

Go to where you unzipped RegProt ... double click on regprot admin ... stop the service, then uninstall ... then simply re-install and re-start the service ... and it will again go thru all the initial startup requests.

HTH, ;)

dog - *puppy*

3. SvL

SvL Guest

That doens't worl, unfortunately. All the register-keys have allready been removed the first time bij regprot. So uninstalling will not bring them back. There isn't some sort of restore or backup function in regprot?

I've been to NortonAV-site, for the symptons I have their website advices to re-install. Maybe I should that and take a better look the next time I try such software ;)

Thanks anyway

4. linney

linney Registered Member

You could again try the System Restore program again. Often the restore will fail in Normal Mode but when run from Safe Mode will succeed. Another problem with System Restore is that it will not restore to a time and place where the machine configuration at that point is faulty.

RegProt was a good program a couple of years ago but has been battling to handle later operating systems such as XP where the use of multiple users, Fast User Switching and Limited Users as opposed everyone as an Administrator on older machines. You may find the Spybot Search and Destroy tool (called Tea Timer) included with Spybot S & D a better alternative in XP.

http://www1.spywareinfoforum.com/downloads.php?cat=sp#det

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.