RegistryProt-Uninstall

Discussion in 'DCS Freeware' started by BillC, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BillC

BillC Registered Member

I ran the uninstall executable in the RegistryProt folder and thought it was uninstalled. The folder is gone from my 'All Programs' menu, I can't find it in the Windows "Add/Remove" window, yet when I rebooted, I got RegProt alerts asking if I wanted to allow those programs that start with boot to be added to the registry. I clicked yes but at the same time I thought this utility was removed. Can someone give me a method to pull all the remnants out?

It has become annoying because it doesn't remember permissions.

2. BillC

BillC Registered Member

I may have a solution. The constant alerts were driving me crazy (even more so than I already am). I thought a fresh install might help. So I downloaded a new RegistryProt.zip file, unpacked it and found an administration control which I used to turn off the utility. Thus far it seems to be working. It has been over 3 years since I first installed the program and I had no memory of this control. I hope this fixes it.

3. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Wow. Old as the hills this RegProt is, and yes indeed. That Admin Control was always there so far as i been using it. Nestled in the Program Files folder of course. Simplifies uninstall/install, start-up with windows you know.

I still use RegProt on all my current boxes regardless of other security programs, monitors. Pulled my tail out of many a jam on 98 and done as well on XP ever since.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.