Registry entries dilemma

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by jasonbourne, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonbourne

jasonbourne Registered Member

Hello:)

When I use CCleaner>Registry I am getting this which I previously have cleaned. I do not know what this are....or what software did it came with...o_O

What can I do with this...it's always there when I run CCleaner. This is in Win7 x32.

Can someone help me with this. Please see image attached.

Thanks!:)

Attached Files:

2. philby

philby Registered Member

You can find out what s/w those extensions relate to here, using the 'search extension' function.

If CC won't kill them, you could then either leave them there (arguably the best option) or manually delete them via regedit, having backed up the registry first.

FWIW, I've never had any issue subsequent to using CC to remove "unused" file extensions - but if you're worried about breaking something, and you just want them not to appear in the clean-up window, then just add the keys to the CC ignore list (right click on key > ignore, if I recall).

3. ABee

ABee Registered Member

Take out the "arguably" part and I agree fully.

To the O.P.:

"Unused" file extensions simply mean that you have no program currently associated with that file type, or that you've never, to date, opened a file of that type on your machine.

The extensions themselves are perfectly valid.
    There's not a single iota of harm being done by leaving them just as they lay, nor any special relevance in removing them.

4. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

This is a useless feature of any Reg Cleaner. It's like a dog chasing his tail. Uncheck the option that checks for unused file extensions.

5. stackz

stackz Registered Member

Just add all of them to the exception list.

6. jasonbourne

jasonbourne Registered Member

Hi all,

Okay, thanks very much for the reply and as unanimously pointed out will place them in the exclusions list.

Cheers:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.