Registry editors

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Pedro, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Ok, i got this registry editor, Registrar Registry Manager.
    Basically, i want to ask if it's safe to delete entire entries/keys that have the name of a program i uninstalled. Is there anything that can go wrong? And why.

Got any further advice when using this kind of program? Other than i shouldn't. Or links that explain these issues.

Also, are there better registry editors? What are the differences between the ones you know.

This one is available for free, but a lite version. Any other free and better?

2. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,folks: I am currently using its pro edition v.5.01. It is safe to use. It comes w/ more features than I really need. I would say it is probably one of the best in its class. I use it mainly to get rid of all registry residues after app uninstallation. It is so powerful that it can delete keys,values in LEGACY, control set areas. You could even use it to manipulate application's registry to your favor. Its pro does not come cheaply, if its powerful features are what you like, then every penny you spend is well-spent. Good luck.

3. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Seems safe. Thanks for the input:thumb:
    I saw a reference to this on Gizmo's. Actually, in this category, it's the only one he mentions. I usually start there, looking for a particular program/function.

So this app is safe. Can i delete entries of uninstalled programs without worries? I assume i'm doing a favor to XP by doing so.

4. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

RegSeeker will do pretty much the same thing, and I've had no issues with it.

YMMV, so use with caution, but again, it's worked well for me for stray registry entries.

5. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Yes, this app is a master of piece and is safe to use. There will be no worries in terms of entries deletion of uninstalled programs. However, like our moms always say, use your common senses, I would use one of its features, backup and restore, for the time being, until you gain full confidence of its safety. Good luck, and have a nice one.

6. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

I can get lost inside the registry... Who invented this sh**?
    Procguard, Syssafe, the most worrisome. Bad uninstalls.
    And i'm finding here lots of security apps, lol.
    Some i didn't know... Maybe Toshiba came with crap after all, but the shop where i got it cleaned them. Norton??:eek: Am i seeing this or seeing things?
    :ninja: very weird:ninja:

7. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: hi, someone, look like you are confussed by tons of left over of uninstalled apps. Here are how I usually do, after app uninstalled by either its own uninstaller or a third party app, use a reliable registry cleaner to remove all possible residues. Keep in mind, no matter how sophisticated it may be, there is a chance that some will be left behind. And this is the perfect time for Registrar registry manager to demostrate its mighty muscle. Use its registry editor to search the orphans. and delete them one by one manually. Clean there after. :)

8. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

I use EasyCleaner, CCleaner, and another one, for a long time. I follow the rule of only delete what i can understand, or related to uninstalled programs.

But they're STILL HERE!
    Not a "chance that some will be left behind", but all of them are here!!!

I always avoided using regedit, but now i'm getting tired of seeing errors on Event Viewer related to process guard and family.:p

9. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks; hi, someone, IMO, perhaps it is time for you to look for other alternatives, free or paid(registry cleaner). There are few threads on this forum. Good luck.

10. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Indeed Perman. Or the postponed reinstall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.