Registry editing program?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by majax, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majax

majax Guest

Hello,

I was wondering which software you would recommend for editing the registry?

2. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  3. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Registered Member

I have tried few until I found Registry Crawler, which is the best in my books.

4. HAN

HAN Registered Member

5. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

RegSeeker

http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm

Been using it for years with no problems on many PC's.

Green safe to delete

Red caution, check first

Always enable, backup before delete bottom left

6. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

What's wrong with regedit? The basic program that comes with Windows. If all you want to do it is edit registry, it should be more than enough :)

7. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

jv16 PowerTools has a Registry Finder than will look for multiple strings concurrently. Useful sometimes.

8. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

9. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

regedit from within windows, a bartpe bootcd when editing a hard drive with windows not operating.

10. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I heartily recommend Registry Workshop for 3 primary reasons:

1- It is very powerful

2- It is user friendly

3- It is supported by xiaolin who is the producer of Registry Workshop & Malware Defender, and is a member of Wilders. Xiaolin regularly posts here to answer any questions or issues about his programs -- do a search on his name and you will see that fact for yourself.

11. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

this is the best program -
    http://www.eolsoft.com/freeware/registry_jumper/

i've no idea how the registry works past XP so maybe it doesn't work on new windows OSes. it automatically opens the registry for you at the place you want.

Registrar Lite and RegAlyzer are/were good too, they were 100 times faster than the default editor.

12. Masterton

Masterton Registered Member

13. Sully

Sully Registered Member

Editing, in a simple form,is easily done with builtin regedit.exe or a .reg file. If you just want to change a few settings, maybe like a toggle effect, export a .reg file, and have 2 of them, one with values toggled 'on', one with values toggled 'off'. Then double click each.

For needing to edit some reg key, occassionaly, regedit works fine. These other programs are built around those who need to edit the registry often. I have used many of them. I see no real differences between them other than how they navigate and if they 'help' novices users with tips or backups etc. Some do better filtering or searching. All of them do the same thing that you can do with regedit or even command line programs, script languages, etc etc.

Maybe if you can describe more of what your going to be doing when editing might be helpful. A one-off edit every once in awhile, versus looking for and trying out OS tweaks, are two very different uses. If you get what I mean.

Sul.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.