Registry Corrupted

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Livwell, Apr 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Livwell

Livwell Registered Member

I am new to the forum and would like to say Hello to everybody. I am having a problem with a virus on the wives computer.It seems to have damaged the registry and other files also. The virus she had on there were as follows
    ertfor.trojan
    sheur3 btyc
    generic21.cofn

My question is am I better off just reloading the OS or is this repairable.I have ran super anti spyware, malwarebytes,and I have loaded eset antivirus after the infection. Was planning on using the Eset because of the high risk of surfing traffic ewxchange but I waited to long.

Any suggestions? Thanks

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

what kind of errors are reported? that will determine whether rebuild is necessary

3. Livwell

Thanks for coming back. The issue is that I scan it and they keep reappearing For a while it would not load the operating system correctly. Most of the errors were the DLLs missing. And i just ran malware bytes and it found a host of them again. I took a picture and have loaded as an attachment.I will try to get a full list and post a little later Thanks again ( if you can open the attachments there is pics of the findings.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

5. Livwell

I will probably just redo the OS before going thru the whole process. Thanks for the suggestion. What I was wanting to find out was how do you check the status of the registry? or any info surrounding the registry as I know very little.

Thanks

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Those seem to be AVG detections. Please submit the files in question to ESET as per the instructions here to find out if they are corrupted, clean or actual malware for which detection should be added.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.