Registry Cleaner's

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Badcompany, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Eldar,
    I've have been re-reading your post with the nice log of "Total Uninstall" and I don't understand something in your procedure for uninstalling softwares, which look like this :
    (I didn't see this the first time, because your log was an eye-catcher for me :D )

1. First you uninstall the software with its own uninstall program, which is also used in "Add/Remove Programs" of Windows.
    2. Then you run "Total Uninstall" to remove possible leftovers.
    3. Then you run your registry cleaner to remove possible leftovers in the registry.

I would use this procedure :
    1. First I would run "Total Uninstall" using its uninstall function to remove the software.
    2. Then I would run my registry cleaner to remove possible leftovers in the registry.

Is there a SPECIAL reason, why you don't do it my way ?
    Is the uninstall function of "Total Uninstall" not working properly or what ?
    TIA.

2. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I believe it came out in 1995, at was safe and effective. In 2002 it stopped removing leftover files from programs that were uninstalled. So I downloaded TweakNow RegCleaner. It worked for me, at the time I had Windows 98 through. Now I have Windows XP Home, and it is not effective for me. I use a combo of Ccleaner;Regseeker; Tumeup Utilities.

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Sorry, but I just feel it fairly over-kill!

4. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

It's my preference to do it this way, because what hasn't been
    uninstalled by the program's uninstaller will be removed when TU is used.
    No, it's working perfectly. :thumb:
    Some previous topics about Total Uninstall:
    - Total uninstaller
    - A Reliable Uninstaller Program ??
    - Question re Total Uninstall

Not to take this topic too much off track I want to add that I too use a combo of registry cleaners.
    My preference to do it this way, because what doesn't get picked up by one, will probably be picked up by another. :cool:
    As always, take a backup prior to deleting/fixing anything and look at the log carefully.

A sunny, happy weekend to all. ;)

5. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Eldar,
    OK. I will do it my way, because it's shorter and my preference is to be lazy. Thanks for the usefull links.
    I sincerely hope that "Total Uninstall" uninstalls itself properly or I have another problem. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.