Registration Question

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Wanderer6491, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wanderer6491

Wanderer6491 Registered Member

Hi,

I have a question on registering multi-boot configurations on Win7. I've read the FAQ and it indicates that I only need one license because I can't use more than one at a time. That's true in this case, too, but the machine in question has four partions booting Vista 32, Vista 64, Win7 32, and Win7 64.

The machine is mainly used for software testing, hence all the OS version, but as nearly as I can tell I'm going to need a 32-bit and a 64-bit version of NOD32.

Can I still get by on a single license, for this set up? If not, how many licenses will I need to make it work.

Thanks for any information anyone might be able to provide.

2. Hollowstriker

Hollowstriker Registered Member

Hi,

As per the licensing FAQ at http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2393, you will only need 1 license since you cannot use more than 1 operating system at once.

It does not matter if you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit versions of NOD32. You can download both versions from http://www.eset.com/download by entering the same username and password.

The 32-bit versions are located under "Home PC Users (32-bit)" and 64-bit versions are located under "Home PC Users (64-bit)". You can then download the appropriate product which you have purchased (ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus).

3. Wanderer6491

Wanderer6491 Registered Member

HI Hollowstriker,

Thank you for the info! I wasn't sure whether the 32-bit and 64-bit would mix, but if that's okay then that's just great!

Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.