registration database is not available.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by terryp, Nov 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terryp

terryp Registered Member

I am trying to install Acronis TI9 trial version and can only get as far a "Registration" after filling in the appropriate details I continually get the "Registration database is not available. Please try again later" I have been trying now for two days with same result. Is something wrong

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello terryp,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please create a screen shot of the error message and send it to Acronis Support along with the link to this thread or post it here?

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. terryp

terryp Registered Member

As requested.... [​IMG]

4. Acronis Support

Hello terryp,

Please check your Private Messages.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

5. terryp

terryp Registered Member

Hi Irina Shirokova,

I checked my private message and followed your instructions, new download but same results..."Registration database is not available. Please try again later" What next please

6. Acronis Support

Hello terryp,

I have sent the next link for a free trial version to you. Please contact me via PM if it doesn't help.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

7. kotaroboaz

kotaroboaz Registered Member

Hi there,

I also got the same problem, "registration database is not available" while installing TI9. noticed each users was asked to provide the error screenshot and afterward provided the alternative trial link via PM. why not just publish the link via this general thread so that those that affected with the same prob can directly dl this alternative link thru this thread? TIA

8. sandip

sandip Registered Member

I have wondered the same, and unfortunately, it seems as if this is intended as part of some company verification on who is using the free trials. The trial link that you get in your PM is different from the trial that visitors to their site would download. The link is based on some hash that seems as unique for each user. Further, you are not asked to register at all using that trial package. So it seems that they have already registered that download in your name.

All this hoopla is pretty sad when you realize later, that unlike Acronis's claim, their trial version is not fully functional. I tried backing a multi-filesystem(ntfs,ext3) disk and it said that it cant commit because it is a trial version. Because I really wanted to evaluate TI for some clients who wanted to buy multiple copies, I forked out the money for the full version. And after paying, I found out that Linux partition support is pathetic as compared to windows partitions(It takes much more than twice as much time as Windows partition - cloning 40GB disk with about 9GB data in ext3 parttition takes over 1.5 hours!!).

I could have asked for my money back, but I was personally in the market for a backup solution for my laptop, and hearing all the adverse comments for Ghost, I decided to stick with Acronis.

9. Acronis Support

Hello everyone,

Please be aware that we provide these unique links only to those people who encounter that "registration database is not available..." problem while trying to install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0.

Please also note that we do not register these trial versions. The point is that they just do not require the online registration.

If you encounter this problem when trying to install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 please send me a Private Message with the request for the free trial version that does not require the online registration. I'll certainly provide you with the unique download link.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: May 14, 2006
  10. Acronis Support

Hello sandip,

Please note that the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home has the following limitations:

- From under Windows: all functions available, 15-days trial period

- When using Bootable Rescue Media: Recovery feature available only

If you want to evaluate all capabilities of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home anyway (actually, try the full version) then please submit a request for technical support describing your wish and containing the link to this thread. We'll certainly try to help you.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: May 14, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.