REGISTER TDS 3

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by the mul, Aug 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the mul

the mul Registered Member

CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO PUT THE KEY FILE I HAVE RECIEVED INTO THE TDS DIRECTORY I AM NEW TO THIS CAN YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN IT IN SIMPLE TERMS THANKS THE MUL PS I AM RUNNING WINDOWS XP

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi the mul,

Welcome at Wilders. :)

The keyfile should be copied to the TDS directory, if you used the default (didn't change anything during install) that will be C:\TDS3

So rightclick the keyfile, select copy, open explorer, doubleclick C, doubleclick TDS3 folder, rightclick on an empty space in that folder and choose Paste.

Then start TDS3 up again.

Then please use the CapsLock button to turn off the "All caps" ;)
    and let us know if you succeeded.

Regards,

Pieter

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hello The MUd, welcome to the Wilders forum and the TDS family!
    I reacted on your IM here too, so for all new users i'll answer inhere another time.

Long ago i got my registration key just attached in an email and the instruction to locate my installed TDS directory, copy the keyfile into that one and just start TDS.
    You wrote you don't know how to locate the TDS directory.
    You know to use the windows explorer (in XP it has another name?)
    where you can find the dierctory where you installed TDS-3
    Let's say for example
    c:\program files \diamond computer systems\tds-3
    whatever you made as only you know where you did on your system, maybe you did
    c:\tds
    Anyway, get to that TDS directory and copy the attached keyfile from the email into that directory.
    A good moment to make an extra copy of it for instance on a diskette so in case of any future crash you still have that copy.
    It might be DCS is sending the keyfile these days zipped or it might be necessary to be renamed.
    In case of zipped, rightclick on the file, and extract into the TDS directory.
    In case it comes with another name and the instruction to rename it in the email, for instance it comes as themud.key or whatever name doesn't matter, changing the name is the same:
    rightclick the file, in the menu that comes up you choose rename
    in the email will be instructed into which name it has to be changed, let's imagine tds3.key (i think it is something else, but i don't like to type that in a forum!!)
    look exactly what is written in your email and type exactly that name over the name it has now; when you're ready just click enter and you have the new name.
    Start TDS and look how it starts: the first line should tell
    [Init] Trojan Defence Suite v3.2.0 - Registered to <.... and your registration name>

Tell us how it goes!
    Good luck!

4. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

The easiest way to find your TDS location is to type in the TDS console:
    Code:
    msgbox(SysVar("TDS.Path"))
    Dolf

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Ahhh that's a nice one Dollefie, should be in the instructions! :)
    For that cause, can you tell from "click START" to getting to that actual place how to get there on a XP system?
    I've been told to would not be named "windows explorer" there anymore.

6. DolfTraanberg

maybe even a startup script which you can activate when you receive your key-file by mail by the push of a button :D

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

I like the way it's done in Port Explorer!
    For TDS a temporary key could be emailed to be able with other protected steps to locate and d/l the defenitive key and unlocks and sesam open and why not an extra activation script to run and if privacy rules allow i would love such a script at user's granting to one time send something to the DCS base so they know it was installed / activated ok. It would help them to locate a possible problem just in case. After received ok, delete, if not ok wait for user's support request.
    Just an idea and to make it even more user friendly.
    On the other hand, the more steps, the more possibilities for problems and support questions :)

8. the mul

the mul Registered Member

hello again

Ihave only had my computer 5 months so Idont really know very much.
    where can Iright click the key file from It was sent by email and can you find tds 3 file by click my computer then c drive then programme file

the mul

9. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

The default settings for the path in the latest TDS3 Final download is C:\program files\TDS3 - The older version was C:\TDS3.

10. DolfTraanberg

Open your e-mail program -> open your e-mail from DiamondCS
    you will see in the upper right corner a paperclip.
    Click that one, then you can save the attachment
    Dolf

11. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Ha The Mul,
    i congratulate you that with your new computer you think in such a short time already of extra security!
    There are people surfing and getting into problem after problem without any protection, so you found immediately the best protection against trojans ever!

You might like to look for an easy step-by-step users book (didn't your windows have such a manual with it with lots of images in it?), i've seen very basic cd-roms cursus like and you might like to see if there is an easy starters course around where you always get lots of extra tips.

After what Dolf just wrote look another time at Pieter's description to get the file into the TDS directory.

What you need is the overview of all what is on your computer, a treelike thing like the folders here on top of the forum, but on your computer it's much bigger!
    If you look on your desktop for the TDS-3 icon, if you go with your mouse to that and click with the right button you also see the path where you installed TDS.
    If we say "rightclick" or "rc" we always mean you use your mouse and click with the right button, not the left one and if we ever say doubleclick we always mean doubleclick (=click twice quick) with the left button.

Are you sure you installed TDS already in the meantime, to be able to find TDS on your system and put the keyfile DiamondCS emailed you inthere?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.