Register regdefend?

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by feddup, Feb 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feddup

feddup Registered Member

I just downloaded regdefend and would like to register the product like the initial GUI encourages me to do. When I hit the register button it takes me to the buy regdefend webpage. I didn't find any references to registering the product at their webpage. I thought perhaps becoming a "member" was the registration they were talking about. They e-mailed me my member information which I thought might allow me to use the product during the 14 day trial. On the registration GUI it states that your registration information will be sent to you. When entered the password is invalid. I'd like to try regdefend. That would be nice. If there is no trial I'd like to know that. In the unregistered version gui that occurs the portion of the setup where you configure regdefend seems to be missing. I may have messed up one, several or all of the steps. I've tried several times. Any guidance would be greatly appreciatted.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there!
    The registration GUI states you can try the product for 14 days. If you're not ready for registering yet you just close that one and you'll find in the systray the ghost icon for RegDefend.
    Enlarge it and play around with it.
    If you are ready to purchase the program, the button "registering" will bring you to the website.
    Look in the second menu item "Online order" > Purchase.
    Now you see the webpage with two options for personal / home licenses. Click on one of the links and go ahead as said in the next page.

Happy trying!

3. feddup

feddup Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I was irritated when i posted. The program seems to be doing pretty much what i wanted in the background. I've yet to find all the config options but so far i like it. It asks for approval on registry changes. Enough said!

4. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

I think some people have "regsoft.net" (the online vendor I use) in their host files being blocked. From another member :-

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Just for clarification....if one searches for Regsoft in the latest IE-Spyad database of Date: 13 Feb 2005....there is not an entry.

6. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

It seems odd that it would choose to block RegSoft.net as it is used by thousands of legitimate businesses and people, so maybe they corrected an error ?

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Yep....You'd think if they were going to block regsoft they would block clickbank,kagi,regnow, etc :D :eek:

8. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

I contacted Regsoft and they said they would try and get themselves removed from the block lists. :)

9. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

Is it possible to pay for RegDefend using PayPal ?

If so what e-mail address should I use to send the payment to ?

If not, can you please add this method of payment.

Also, what's the upgrade policy of GhostSecurity ? For example, if I purchase a "1 Home License for RegDefend" for $29.95, can I upgrade to an "Unlimited Home License for RegDefend" for another $10 ?

10. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

I will be adding a PayPal option very soon, I already have an account it just needs some setup by PayPal now for a business. I like the idea of being able to pay $10 later for an upgrade, so I'll probably add that too (no idea when though :) ).

11. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

HpGuru's 26-Feb-05 release of HOSTS has omitted Regsoft.net from the list and it is no longer blocked by users of this list of nasty URLs.

12. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Thanks for the update siliconman :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.