regdefend, tony's list

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by steve161, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steve161

steve161 Registered Member

As per the great instructions in this forum, I downloaded tony's list to RD. However, these posts were several months old and mentioned that Tony.gsr would become a part of RD in the future. Since, I just recently installed GSS (free), my question is; do I already have tony.gsr as the default setting? O.K., while I have your attention one more question. After downloading Tony.gsr, I noticed a drop in memory usage for GSS. Is this normal. or just a coincidence? Thank you for your consideration.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

When you initially installed RegDefend it should have opened with the RDStandard ruleset already selected. If you placed the Tony.gsr ruleset in the Program Files\GhostSecuritySuite folder you can then select which ruleset you wish to use or even select DISABLED if you so choose as seen in the below pic. The default setting will become what ever selection you last make before shutting the program down.

My personal opinion would be that is "just a coincidence".

Bubba

Attached Files:

3. steve161

Many thanks, Bubba. The screen shot is just what I have.But what I was really asking is whether Tony.gsr is now the default rule for RD. But since I am running tony.gsr, I guess it doesn't matter, right?

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

The default ruleset is what I explained above....but if you are asking if the Tony.gsr is now the official ruleset for RegDefend....the answer is no as far as I know because that nor anything else has come out about RegDefend in a number of months.
    You are very well covered by the tony.gsr ruleset since it is a "very comprehensive one, incorporating the original standard RD gsrfile and adding monitoring of a great number of additional well- and lesser known autostart and hijack points"....much more so than the RDStandard ruleset. Many months back it was commented that the tony.gsr ruleset will "indeed be part of the next RD beta"....However....the last official comment concerning RegDend was made here....so I'm not privy to any info of what stage of developement RegDefend is at.

Bubba

5. steve161

Bubba,

Once again, thank you for your quick and informative response. Don't let this go to your head, but this has to be the best forum around. I now owe Wilder's two or three good opinions.

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

You are very Welcome.
    We happen to feel it is one of the better forums around....but hey I'm prejudice :eek: ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.