RegDefend is not minimizing to the systray

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by Disciple, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple

Disciple Registered Member

This behavior has just started over the last few days. Every time I start/restart the computer it remains maximized on the desktop. I have checked the registry .../run key and the RegDefend entry does have -minimize on the end. Before you ask no I have not added any new apps to the system, and have only done minor app updates. Any ideas and suggestions are appreciated.

TIA for your time and help.

2. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Do you want to try making the window not maximized, then closing down the GUI. Then restarting your computer and see if it still shows then.

3. Disciple

If I understood you correctly:

I closed RegDefend from the systray, via the right-click menu item Exit. Then rebooted the computer. Unfortunately when RegDefend loaded it came up full screen, and never minimized to the systray until I clicked the minimize button.

I, again, searched through the registry's Run keys and the Startup folders only to find the only entry (the HKLM\(you know the path)\Run key) has the -minimize switch. Puzzling.

4. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

I have implemented a possible fix for this in next version, it might be a local setting on your computer messing slightly with the commandline feature. Please report back on this when the next version is released if you can. :)

5. Disciple

Will do.

6. Disciple

Just got my copy of 1.2 installed and so far so good. After the reboot it behaved perfectly and went straight to the systray after initialization.

Thank you for such a valuable security tool.

7. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Glad to hear Disciple. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.