RegDefend discount

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by Kegel, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kegel

Kegel Registered Member

I just rebooted and a window popped up offering a discount on regdefend. I closed it without thinking. My hand was still convinced it was just a warning to click through on reboot as its a new install of RegDefend...my mind realized what it was but it was too late. ;) Will this offer be made again or is it too late?

I just formatted so Im not worried about any infections at the moment. Thats why I clicked through it so quickly.

2. dog

dog Guest

No worries Kegel. :) Sign up as a member at Ghost Security, and you'll see a link to purchase RegDefend at a 15% discount, when you're logged in and select the purchase link.

http://www.ghostsecurity.com/index.php?page=becomemember

Steve

3. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I have the same problem and even though I followed the link from the program offering the discount, the purchase page does not seem to reflect this. It remains stubbornly at the full price.
    I then joined as a member (as previously advised) and this also should provide me with the discount but it the price is still the same. I logged out and in but no changes. It's just a small amount but hey, everything counts :)

What am I missing :doubt:

4. dog

dog Guest

Hi beethoven, ;)

Hmmm ... there seems to be an error somewhere ... it isn't coming up with the discounts ATM. I'll PM Jason, and ask him to look into it. ;) Check back for his reply.

Steve

5. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Hi guys,

Just make sure that you have put ghostsecurity.com into your trusted zone in your browser, so that the sessions remain active while you are there. After you have logged in and go to any page on the site, at the top of each page just under the logo you should see "GhostSecurity Member: Your_login_name" . If you see no mention of this on the purchase page, it means your browser has forgotten that you logged in as a Member and the purchase will not show the discounted prices.

6. beethoven

sorry, Jason, you lost me.

First of all, I am not using IE but Opera or Firefox, never had to do something like that before for any site.
    When trying do do it in IE, I get a warning that the site has to be https: but ghostsecurity is only http:

I do notice however, that the log in does not seem to work properly as even on the log in page that does show my email address, it only allows for a log out. Can't see any other reference to my username or profile details.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  7. dog

dog Guest

Hi Jason,

Just as a supplement to my PM ... I asked another member to confirm these findings, and the results where the same. There seems to be an error with the site.

Steve

8. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

On the first member page, you will not see your "name" at the top, if you go to another page and comeback, it should show it even on that page. Have you tried clicking on other pages once logged in?

9. beethoven

"Have you tried clicking on other pages once logged in?"

Yes, I did but it I don't seem to stay logged in on any of the other pages. At least I don't see my username anywhere :oops:

10. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Just to confirm, I get similar behavior here using Opera 8 (build 7483). I see no indication that I am logged in after navigating around. If I follow the purchase links, I get the non-discounted pricing.

Nick

11. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Ok sorry about that guys. I have now fixed the problem.

An update I made a few days ago broke the "session remembering" part. If you try now it should work.

12. beethoven

:D Thanks Jason - it works now and I just placed my order :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.