regdefend blocks an allowed application

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by paperinik3, Nov 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperinik3

paperinik3 Registered Member

I have an application - PSTrayFactory - which starts with windows :I have allowed it as an application and also in the autostart list, giving it permission to create, modify, delete values.. (See in the screenshot). But at every rebooting I receive the message :"Regdefend Autostarts - PSTrayFactory was blocked from modifying a protected registry value". After that comes a balloon "Failed to set data for PSTrayFactory". In the log I see:
    "Action: blocked (Auto User)". Why ? What did I wrong? And what means Auto User ?
    Thanks for the help.

Attached Files:

• PST3.jpg
      PST3.jpg
      File size:
      154.2 KB
      Views:
  2. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Hi paperinik3,

First, you should delete the bottom "PsTrayFactory" rule that you created in the Auto Starts group (top screenshot). It is not necessary for what you are trying to accomplish.

Second, you need to edit the rule you created in your "pstrayfactory" Application Group (bottom screenshot). The "Filename" field should show the path to and the name of the PsTrayFactory executable. For example:

C:\Program Files\PsTrayFactory\pstrayfactory.exe

Next change the "Key" field to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Currentversion\Runonce

For the "Value" field, you can still use the "*", or you can be more precise and use "trayfactory" instead (without the quotation marks). You can leave the Allow settings below as they are. That should get it working for you.

Nick

3. paperinik3

paperinik3 Registered Member

It did work, it seems! Thank you very much Nick and best regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.