RegDefend and installing new programs.

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by Matt_Smi, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Registered Member

I will probably be adding RegDefend to my security setup in the future as I have been looking for a solid registry monitor for some time now and this seems to be it, teamed with process guard I think it will really limit what malware could do to my PC should I get infected. I had a few questions about it though, when installing a new program it is recommended that RD be disabled? Or should you just go though accepting all the alerts? Also I understand the registry is changed very frequently, does RD only look for potential hazardous changes so it is not always bothering you with pop up alerts? Thanks.

2. feddup

feddup Registered Member

I'm relatively new to PC security but I've had Regdefend for a couple of weeks and it's fairly well behaved. You have to answer prompts when critical registry changes are made. It's doing it's job! I believe you can make it as picky as you want by designating more registry keys to protect.

3. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

By default it will only popup when the most important registry items are about to change, usually when installing new programs. So when something is installing you should just allow what it does, and not "remember" the setting when doing so, since you won't be installing the same thing many times it there isn't much point to remembering the actions you take.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.