Regarding ESET Cybersecurity for Mac

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by iravgupta, Mar 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iravgupta

iravgupta Registered Member

Trialling this, and loving it from the performance side of things. But I have a question - do the following modules get updated via Automatic updates or each time a new build will have to be installed manually?
    screenshot_01.jpg

2. yongsua

yongsua Registered Member

Yes for 90%.By default,ESET will ask you before downloading component updates.Try to click ("Setup" or press F5 )~(Advance setup)~(Update)~(Advance Update Setup) so that you can set yourself whether you want "ask before downloading program components","Always download program component" or "Never download program components".(This is from windows version of ESET so I don't know whether the directories to "Advance setup" is same with Mac version or not)Besides.10% is for unsure and you probably need to download the latest version of ESET Cybersecurity and have a clean install.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  3. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

The modules you posted will come with the virus signature database updates. Major versions will sometimes (but rarely) be updated via PCU's. I do believe the Mac version has a version checker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.