Regarding download managers

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by hossie, Nov 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hossie

hossie Registered Member

Hi,

I am new user in this forum and I wish to know whether its safe to use a download manager. I am using fresh download software and sygate firewall.

Everytime I download any thing, my firewall says that application hijacking has been detected. My download speed also goes down with multiple interruption.

Please if cany one can give me some insight on this. I will be thankful if any one can tell me which firewall is good and the download manger.

2. adrianyujs

adrianyujs Registered Member

don use tat firewall, better use Avast.
    And use Flashget if possible.

3. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

For a download mgr I use FlashGet or Net Transport. Easy to use and can download from any site.

4. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

FreeDownload manager is exactly the same setup and interface as Flashget. But its free (obviously). and comes with absolutely no Adaware. If you were to try scanning with an Antispyware program and it will go crazy if it sees Flashget installed.

5. Green Giant

Green Giant Registered Member

I use MassDownloader from www.metaproducts.com which is shareware. Having a dial-up connection, I like the fact that it will shut this down when the download is complete, and because overnight downloads do not count against my permitted online time, I can set the software to download whilst I am asleep.

The same site has Download Express, which is freeware, but without some of the extras in the shareware.

6. mrhero

mrhero Registered Member

+1 for Free Download Manager

7. Arup

Arup Guest

Have been using Free Download Manager since its initial release, can tell you, have downloaded GBs of stuff, no crashes or any other problems, very reliable and yes, free program which truly deserves a look.

8. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Dito.

9. nod32.9

nod32.9 Guest

Download Express is FREE. It will work with IE and FF (extension available at DE's website).

10. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

I have the paid 1.71 version of FG and none of my checkers flag it. Now it used to have crap but that seems to be gone.

11. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i use fresh download with no problems however i use look n stop as my firewall. also remember to get ur free registration info from freshdevices.com or else after twenty something days, itll start nagging you. for a download manger i prefer getright but as it isnt free and has a lots of options, its not for everyone.

12. Ailric

Ailric Guest

Another vote for Free Download Manager.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.