Regarding Blackspear's extra settings.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Carl Farrington, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carl Farrington

Carl Farrington Registered Member

I just read up to page three and would like to share an observation (the thread is locked so I can't reply there).

I used to configure with Clean Automatically, until a couple of occasions where users came across false-positives and there was no indication as to why weird things were happening on the computer. For example, files downloaded with the web browser failing to open, the cause being unclear due to the Clean Automatically being set and no notification given to the users that it was NOD32 which had interfered.

Therefore, in my opinion Clean Automatically is not a good idea, and for a long time now I have stopped setting this option.

2. Carl Farrington

Carl Farrington Registered Member

Or perhaps I had "enable silent mode" enabled.

Can somebody confirm - does Clean Automatically result in no notification being given to the user? I had always presumed that Enable Silent Mode was really just relavent to the "NOD32 has sucessfully been updated" messages etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.