REFUND

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by c-rock, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c-rock

c-rock Registered Member

I recently purchased True Image 8.0 build 826 this past Sunday. I was quite anxious to use this tool that I've heard quite a bit about from Maximum PC and PC World magazines. I was a prior user of Norton Ghost 2003 and my experiences with it were none too happy. It's a product we use at work, so I'm more familiar with the bugs that can be encountered than the normal user....and it was free. I can manuever around them due to my work experiences. However, I wanted to find a better solution for home use. My colleagues at work are devoted users of the old Drive Image product which most of you know has been hijacked by Symantec. In any case, I wanted to first install this on a "test" machine. I've got a Dell dimension 8200 (Win XP Home 2.4ghz 256mb ram 40gb) mainly used for music downloads that I thought would be the best test subject. I was using CD-Rs(TDK and Memorex). Well, I've had nothing but problems with the product. The first attempt appeared to run fine. It was 44% complete until I was prompted with this error: "(0x70004)Failed to write data to the image archive file. A possible reason might be poor media quality". I removed the disk and placed in fresh one(Memorex) and the result was the same. I then installed another(TDK).....same error. I had to terminate program, but then I was able to later burn some files to the same pieces of media using a burner on another pc in the house. So, it's not the media. Anyway, I report the event and the support team suggests I download a file and then report errors encountered and send them back. I send logfile and then retry again. This time I try the backup and it's 88% complete before it fails with the same error mentioned previously. The program should eject defective media and then allow for the insertion of another disk if it determines the media is defective, but it does not do this. It displays the error and then terminates. I've created quite a few coasters and now I wish to simply cut my loses. However, here's the twist. When I request my refund, with pertinent info in return e-mail, I receive a response that they're sorry for my dissatisfaction, but would I consider some other products from the product line?? Noooo, I want my refund. I send another e-mail stating this but I've yet to receive response from the anyone. Has anyone else had this problem with retrieving refunds from this company?

2. TonioRoffo

TonioRoffo Registered Member

I've seen that error when using a machine that has low resourcer or has high CPU usage from other applications.

The error is a bit misleading...

Check for the following:

A) A good antivirus sweep of your system

B) Adaware/Spybot sweep of your system

C) use msconfig to see what is included at startup

D) check your mass storage drivers (some IDE drivers are *so* crappy...)

Maybe you don't need the refund, you could be a very happy person with TI.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello c-rock,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

The "Poor media quality" error may have different reasons. What CD burning software do you have (if any)? Please try to create the image and store it to hard drive splitting into 650Mb parts, then burn these parts to CDs (I would recommend that you use CD-RWs to prevent wasting) and then verify it with "Check Image" tool. Also I would recommend you to update the firmware for your burners to the latest available version.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.