Refreshing SSD

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by Partitioned, Feb 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Partitioned

Partitioned Registered Member

I have an OCZ Vertex 2 SSD with a System Reserved Partition and my main Windows 7 Partition. (I run Win 7 Ultimate 64). Both are NTFS file systems.

I read that it is a good idea to clear the SSD every so often to refresh its performance. Is there any truth to this statement?

If so, to make a disk image on a Standard HDD to I need to "Disk Copy" the Reserved Partition and the Main Partition to an HDD and then copy them back?

Are there any special steps to make the HDD bootable other than the copy and BIOS setup?

One last question is there an app to refresh the SSD in Paragon Hard Disk Manager? I read the refresh can be done by secure erasing the SDD.

If the information is already contained within the forum I would be happy to read if someone knows link. I search refresh SSD and didn't really get what I was looking for.

Any and all assistance is very much appreciated. Thanks you.

2. Partitioned

Partitioned Registered Member

Anybody able to help me with this?

Please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.