RefControl - Extension For Firefox

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by musicman, Jul 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. musicman

musicman Registered Member

There has been a lot of talk about privacy and especially how to block a referer
    being sent to a web site. Well there is a extension at Firefox called Refcontrol you can download. Very easy to use and configure.
    1.) You can control referer by site to site bases.
    2.) Or set to block by default
    3.) Or List a false web by default so as the website will log it in and won't really know where you came from.....this is really a jewel to have.....enjoy.
    For those that have firefox installed....under "privacy and Security" you can find this extension.

2. sotrue

sotrue Guest

For the newbs among us, are you saying this FF extension will block the information of where we're coming from, to the website that we're visiting?

So, if we didn't have this FF extension, then any website we surf to could tell what website we just came from? Am I correct in what it does? Or am I way off with this?

Thanks for help with my somewhat newb questions.

3. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Nice extension especially if you are a privacy freak. Btw in Maxthon browser the referrer is never sent when you drag & drop a link. If the referrer must be sent (some sites won´t show the correct page) you can click on the link while pressing the Shiftkey.

@ sotrue, you are correct. ;)

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, sotrue

Yes, unless you are blocking referrers some of way, ie setting your firerwall to block them if it able to.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

5. ---

You can do that with Opera/firefox too without extension.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.