redundancy upon restoration from 2 DVDs

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by facade, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. facade

facade Guest

While a disk image is being restored from two DVD's to a hard drive, the rescue version of TI 9.0.2323 asks the user to change DVD's too many times!

1) First, TI asks the user to insert Disc 2.
    2) Then, it asks for Disc 1.
    3) Then, it asks for Disc 2 back again.
    4) Then, it asks for Disc 1 back again.
    5) Then, it asks for Disc 2 back again!
    6) Finally, it asks for Disc 1 back again!

TI repeatedly asks for the two DVD's alternately on and on and on... From the viewpoint of user, this repeated change of DVD's is totally unreasonable and very inconvenient. Please ask your engineer to get rid of this redundancy.

Note that the above procedure does not include a separate operation of checking the integrity of the archive.

By the way, if the archive is not a disk image but files and folders, then, upon restoration, the rescue version of TI reasonably asks the user to change discs only twice, assuming that the option "check archive" is not checked.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello facade,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm afraid that there is no way to change the procedure of restoration of the disk\partition images spanned over a several CDs\DVDs, since it is conditional upon the specificity of the disk\partition images creation algorithm.

If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. facade

facade Guest

Thanks for your reply, Alexey.

Is this excessively-redundant alternation of two DVD's a side effect of the "Snap Restore" feature? I was not doing "Snap Restore". I was doing the regular restoration. However, I wonder if "Snap Restore" casts a side-effect over the regular restoration.

(According to the User's Guide, "Snap Restore" lets the user start the OS before the disk image is completely restored.)

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello facade,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that Acronis Snap Restore allows you to boot OS on the crashed computer before its image is completely restored, and start the work in seconds after the restoration is launched. The restoration will be continued in the background. This feature is available only for images being restored from Acronis Secure Zone. Acronis Snap Restore cannot be used if the image contains no operating system or when restoring file archives.

I would like to say that Acronis Snap Restore doesn't effect on the alternation of DVDs. As Alexey said above, there is no way to change the procedure of restoration from DVDs.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.