Redo Backup and Recovery

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Doodler, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doodler

Doodler Registered Member

Anyone have much experience with this and/or interested in testing it out? I searched this forum and didn't see a whole lot about it.

http://redobackup.org/

2. tgell

tgell Registered Member

If you are looking for a free imaging program, there are others out there that are better. I tried it and it is slow. Another disadvantage is there is no way to easily verify an image once it is made. If you go to the BugReport page, there are still a number of issues that need to be resolved.

If you have a Seagate or Western Digital Drive, they offer free imaging programs based on Acronis. Other free imaging programs are Macrium, Paragon, and Todo backup. Also, there is DriveimageXML but you need to create a BartPE CD with the plugin they provide if you plan on restoring a computer that cannot boot.

3. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

my biggest gripe with this program was the way it fragmented the images so you instead of having 1 or 2 files per image, you would end up with 10's or more. this was a while back so i dont know if they have changed it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.