redirected to yeah.com - how to remove?

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by sintagma, Feb 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john hazen

john hazen Guest

Couple of pieces of useful info that might help, I'm still trying to get rid of this thing.

1) Client really needed their e-mail back up and running in abad way, put in the ip address of their pop3 server instead of smtp.domain.com and works perfectly so dns related for sure.

2) Was desperate to read some forums while at clients and couldn't use any major search engine so I installed aol and used a friends screen name, aol browser (9.0)worked perfectly, redirection only occurred while using ie

3)even while connected through aol could not ping domain names but could ping IPs of course.

4) Here's the part that really worries me, client just moved into new office, 1 old pc, one new dell, still waiting for dsl to be hooked up, BOTH PCs have the problem even though new dell has NEVER been online EVER, it has a shared data folder but doesn't that make this a virus or worm versus some downloaded hijack softwareo_O?

Thanks for all the advice, i will try disabling dns service this pm

John Hazen

2. Matt

Matt Guest

I have been having this problem also. Yeah.com when trying hotmail or yahoo. The thing is, It comes and goes, usually I can always connect to the sites fine. Angela: I think this will happen to you sooner or latert too, nothing seems to really fix this. If anyone ever comes up with a real for sure way to get rid of this PLEASE let us know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.