redir.asp file stops On-Demand Scanner

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by steverio, Aug 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverio

steverio Registered Member

While running the NOD32 on-demand scanner of my hard drive and adding "archives" as an "object to diagnose", the scanning comes to a halt with the rotating bar of scanning activity moving endlessly from 0-1%. This happens when the scanner detects a file with the ending redir.asp. The file name redir[1].asp is listed as the current file being scanned when scan progression stops. At this point the "Stop" button doesn't do anything. The "Quit" button will shut down the window though.

The files that were scanned on my system were in the Temporary Internet File directory. There are 4 files in my TIF directory named:

1.redir.asp?m=90
    2.CatalogRedir.asp?
    3.coupon_redir.asp?
    4.fileassoc/0409/xml/redir.asp?

Excluding the .asp extension does nothing. I realize I can just not keep any TIF at all or (if it works) exclude the TIF directory from being scanned. But the latter I've had virus triggers directly from this directory before and choose not to exclude it.

What are your thoughts to correct this? Is this a scanner bug?

(Using NOD32 Version 2.12.1 with virus signature database version 1.852 (2004082:cool: on Windows XP Pro 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.